March 31, 2010

al;sdguh2n3s8d7gahsdl*#^#HDjfh8^28

10:58 am

idk. I'm in a good mood right now.

For whatever reason.... the next month is going to be crazy busy. Somehow, though, when I put my calendar on my desk and look at it as a whole and can see all the deadlines and stuff... it puts me at ease. Maybe that's part of my OCD that kicks in. But it's calming. Comparatively speaking, on Sunday night I was started to freak out about everything because it was the end of Spring Break and I hadn't done any work over the week and I knew there was a bunch of shit that needed to get done, but Monday I sat down and marked down every single thing that needs attention and I felt better.

Except a lot of the stuff I don't wannnnnaaaaa dddddooooooo :(

But my birthday is in 28 days. So that's always awesome.

The plan is that on my actual birthday, I'll go to class (its the last day of school, psht) and then for lunch, I'm going to go to Sangria's and have me a fattening lunch and a margarita. Mmmmmmmmm margaritas. :]

Exercise for today has been abruptly cancelled due to a last minute meeting set up. Which sucks because I feel like I was starting to get back on track with walking and eating right. If it's not one thing it's always another. I've got it narrowed down to just a few critical components that I need in order to have a successful weight loss:
1. track food intake. There's an app on my phone that I can do this with and it shows me the daily calorie budget and you can enter in how much exercise you get.
2. cardio exercise. Walking, running, climbing stairs, anything that gets your ventricle pumpin'. (bonus points for anatomy reference :] )
3. drink lots and lots and lots of water. It flushes you out and makes you feel full (and can settle a grumbling tummy if there's still an hour or so to go until lunch)
4. stop eating when you get full. Just because there's still half of a 14 oz. salmon filet left on your plate does not mean that you have to shovel the rest of it down when you start to feel that tightness in your abdomen (like I did at dinner last night......) Wrap it up and save it for lunch tomorrow.
5. pay attention to portion sizes and, if possible, use measuring cups and spoons to get more accuracy. This can be difficult because you always think that you can eyeball a serving, but it's really more difficult to get accurate with that method.

And there are probably a couple of other things too. But those are 5 key components that I have to follow for success. It always seems like I can only get 3 or 4 of the 5 done in a day and make it habitual. Like I said, if it's not one thing it's another. Today I've tracked my food and brought two extra bottles of water (4 and 5 don't really apply until dinner because I usually have a fixed breakfast and lunch). I was planning on walking at Lenox today when I went to go get lunch. Now that I have a very inconvenient meeting set up right at noon, it'll cut my lunch hour and I won't have time. Usually I leave campus a little before 12, get to lenox by 12 or a little after, walk until 12:30, eat lunch and leave by a little after 1 because I have a 1:30 class. I suppose I could try to squeeze it in after my afternoon class or do something after dinner.

bah. oh well. I'm still in a good mood :]

No comments: