April 6, 2010

It's been a minute..

8:53 am

Oh my god, I just avoided a potentially terrible, screaming, fighting, kicking in the walls kind of day. Thank you to the Oglethorpe Registrar for taking pity on me and preventing that catastrophe.
Here's the scoop: Today is registration day and since OU is a couple of years behind every other college in America, we have to physically go wait in line and fill out papers to register instead of doing it ourselves online. So I woke up this morning at 5:30 and got to school to wait in line at 6:45 am. I was about 10th or 11th in line. Finally 8:15 am rolls around and the assistant guy comes out and gives a brief announcement just reminding us to have our papers and ID ready to go..... So I reach in and get out my papers and wallet... except my wallet is nowhere to be found. I started shaking when I realized I didn't have it and almost started tearing up in line. Finally when I get to go in to the lady to register, I immediately start spilling out how I don't have my ID or license or anything and that I had been in line for nearly two hours and it would take me an hour to go home, get my wallet and come back and (then I started crying a little bit) then I said that the only thing I have on me with my name on it is a prescription... she told me it was okay and to calm down and that we could probably work something out. Long story short, they pulled my file and I just had to verify a couple of things (like my HS name, last 4 digits of the phone # and stuff) and they told me I could register. Then I pull out my summer form, just to see the lady hang her head and tell me that it was the wrong form. Before I could start spilling the tears again, she asked the head registrar if it was okay to have a different form and she said it was fine. So FINALLY I got to get all my stuff done. And I got all the classes I need. Now if I can just bare my teeth and keep my head on this summer and pass Organic Chemistry, I'll be cleared to take all the classes in the fall and graduate on time.... granted if I pass all those.

Phew. Total disaster averted.

Now on to study for the Physics test tomorrow [EEEEEEEEK!]

***
9:48pm

Energy drinks, om nom nom nom nom.

Stupid Physics. I did well on the last one so why am I freaking out about this one? Maybe 'cause this time I haven't been studying the stuff as much as I did last time. Idk.

I have a lab report that needs to be typed up and is due tomorrow as well as several things for another lab report for another class that's not due until Monday. But my partner and I agreed that we'd have our halves done by Wednesday. But my half is going to be looking more like Thursday..... hmmm.

No comments: