March 2, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snowing!

11:30am

The commute to school today was interesting. Upon first walking outside, it was a light, but steady, rain. Driving from Smoke Rise into Tucker, the rain began to turn into slush and started accumulating on the bottom & sides of the windshield. By the time I was pulling onto campus, the slush had turned into a full-on snow. And it's been snowing so ever since. And it's not like the normal Georgia snow flurry (with the exception of the blizzard a couple weeks ago). These are big, honkin' ass sized snowflakes.

The Oglethorpe buildings look very pretty with the powder falling all around them. It's sticking too, a little bit. The weatherman predicted 1-3" today, but at the rate we're going I don't think we'll quite make that quota. Well maybe, but I don't want to get my hopes up. It's odd that it's even snowing at all today because the temperature is only in the mid-30s. Any chances of afternoon classes getting cancelled is pretty slim, just for that fact. If the temps read below freezing or into the 20s, I would imagine that the day would be cancelled. I certainly would be jumping for joy... we all know how much I despise Tuesdays with every fiber and cell in my body.

On the bright side, Biology lecture did get cancelled but we knew about that last week.

To have started the day off in such a grumpy and frustrated state, I'm rather calm & peaceful right now. This morning, I walked downstairs and there was a stink in the kitchen that was absolutely nauseating. I walked into the foyer and saw cat shit, piss, and bloody piss all over the puppy pads... go figure. I began making coffee and started scrounging around for breakfast and, much to my [un-surprise?], there was nothing. I ran out of my frozen quesadillas last week and there wasn't time to fix cereal today. After looking, I gave up and caved in to a plain white bagel. I hate them, though, because bread (white at that) is not very good for you. But who am I kidding? I couldn't stay on my WW diet for the 4th time in 15 years, so why should I bother caring anymore? Then after my coffee was made, I was so disgusted after breathing in the cat shit and not having a healthy breakfast that I threw it down the sink. So I'm running on zero caffeine today, as well. While looking for breakfast, I also noticed that the chicken salad that I was planning on bringing for lunch was gone too. So no lunch today either.

But... I'm in a rather happy mood right now. I can see the snow falling outside the window by the desk I'm working at in the library. This isn't my usual seat that I like to work at, but I wanted to be near a window so I could see everything. I guess it's the snow that is calming.

I guess I need to mention that I need to go to the grocery store tonight... It sucks that the quesadillas I like are the WW brand because they cost a little more $$ than other ones. But I'm such a picky breakfast person anyway... Then lunches are always a pain in the ass because Monday-Wednesday I try to eat something near school so I don't have to go drive home or to Food to Go. Monday & Wednesday, the Subway daily sandwich is relatively healthy and it's only like 4 bucks, so I do Subway at Lenox on those days. For a while, it's been Chickfila Tuesdays. Either the CFA down by Chamblee High or the one at Phipps. However... I'm running low on funds on my debit card and I spent the last 3 dollars I had yesterday on a bubble tea because I was pissed about my lab test and was hungry (bubble tea fills you up hella full). And I hate asking my parents for money. That's why I was planning on brown-bagging it, but then there wasn't anything in the kitchen. Sooooo... it was kinda SOL today.

Well I guess I should probably go do some Physics homework since I didn't do any on Sunday. Goal for today: finish chem lab report by tonight and do most of Physics HW problems. Crap, there's a lab midterm tomorrow too... I guess I have to study for that too.

***
7:51pm

Ugh, it's hard to study for a chem lab midterm. I don't know what to expect on it... I mean it's not a practical like I'm used to with Bio. Maybe it'll be short show-your-work problems?

Idk, yo. If I screw it up, I can bring it back with the final and with the rest of the lab reports, which should be easy A's.

I need my back popped.
I hope the snow and slush freezes over tonight.

I got 0% of the Physics homework problems done from earlier. Well maybe 0.04% got done. I wrote my name and the chapter number and a #5 for the problem number. Then I got stuck and decided that I probably needed to go read the chapter first. So I spent the rest of the early afternoon reading and highlighting the text, then stopped a little before the end and started writing down some of the important formulas. Before long, it was time for Physics lab (oh BOY OH BOY.) I was significantly grumpy at the beginning of Physics because I thought one of my partners was skipping out on it because of the snow and thought I would be left with the idiot partner. But she showed up just a bit late and it was okay :]. And lab was hellllllllla short today so I got to come home early. :]]]

***
10:26pm

I'm pretty sure I'm the most retarded person on the planet because I cannot do these stupid Physics problems.

ugh.

I feel bedtime is soon.

No comments: