10:45 pm
When I said that last week was hell week, I lied and really meant that this week is hell week.
I literally sat for 8 hours at the table today studying for the lab practical tomorrow. I woke up this morning actually feeling confident that I would be able to get all the readings and stuff done at a reasonable hour. And I pretty much have. I've read everything at least once (I mean it's half a semesters' worth of 4-7 page long labs) and all I have left is to look over the diagrams in the manual. I'm planning on reading over everything again at least once tonight and a couple of times tomorrow morning.
But it's just that feeling again. I was talking to Red about it earlier... I don't typically display test anxiety physically. My mind is usually going 100 mph until I dive into the test... then it breaks even. I don't particularly think it's how I study... granted I'd give up a Friday and Saturday night to go out than stay in and study. I know, I've seen me do it. But when I do sit down to study, I get nose to the grind focused on it. Part of my problem, I believe, isn't so much the inability to retain information but rather WHICH information I retain. Because it seems like it's usually the irrelevant stuff that I can recall. I guess that's just part of the fun of the guessing game on college exam day.
I should be getting the Physics test back tomorrow. Awesome way to start Monday.... I won't look at it until after I get home so if I start crying, I can just hop in the shower and let it out.
Wednesday, there is a Chemistry Lab midterm. This is another nerve wrecker because I don't know what to expect from this new professor. I'm crossing my fingers that it is somewhat easier than Dr. A's. So far the reports have been easy to understand and do. But I just don't know.
Thursday, there's another Bio lecture quiz. I'm pretty sure I did fairly terribly on the one last week because, frankly, I forgot there was one until about 11pm the night before. I was too preoccupied with Physics and I forgot. So I'll need to get on that asap.
... I was totally gonna do goals this week in a form of a day-by-day itinerary, but it's too exhausting. And I'm tired.
So I'll just leave it at the fact that we added to the zoo today with a puppy. He's a 5 1/2 month old chihuahua, white with a few caramel spots on his back and his name is Casper and he is the sweeeeeeeeeetest thing ever.
The last puppy we got was on August 31 (June-bug/the-baby-dog)... The only reason I remember that is cause it was the day Matt & Zac left for boot camp and I was thoroughly distraught all day. Then I came home and there was a puppy on the floor. :] So the longest my stepmother can go without adding a new pet is 6 months.
not including the frogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment