February 8, 2010

Monday

[periodic updates throughout the day]

10:20am
Goals:
- track meals
> breakfast, yes.
> lunch, yes
> snack, yes
> dinner, yes

- walk around campus/ the quad
> check; I got about 20 minutes in today, starting from the basement of Goslin, walking across the quad, down to Emerson, up the stairs, out the back entrance, up the hill to NoSo [my old dorm.. oh the memories], back down the hill past Phase II and Dempsey, around the side path [by the bamboo and water stream.. kinda relaxing], back up the hill to the Quad, cross the front of the library, into basement of Goslin, up three flights of stairs to 3rd Goslin, down the hallway, down the other three flights of stairs back to the basement, across the parking lot to my car to change out books, back across the parking lot, up the side stairs of Goslin, across the Quad to the library, up 2 flights to the 3rd floor of the library and here I am now.

ps. I pretty much live my life in/around the Goslin building, aka where all of the science majors are 24/7. All 6 of my classes are in Goslin, and 4/6 are in the Goslin basement.

pss. I figured carrying around my backback would only help, too. I mean the weight of it is pretty much equivalent to carrying a small child on my back. Plus, it makes me look like I actually have a purpose for meadering around campus in between classes.

- drink water before lunch
> well I left the house in a hurry and forgot a bottle, but there was one in my car and it got cold enough last night to keep it cold, so I have it now.

annnnd. that's about it for now.

5:27pm
Pretty much, I had to beg my dad for ten bucks so I could go to Kroger and get deodorant and have lunch money for tomorrow.

For lunch on M-W, I have to eat lunch near campus, especially on Tuesday because I only have a little bit of time between classes to go grab food. Monday and Wednesday, I could get by with going to Food to Go and getting something, except that means I'd have to make the 20 minute trek away from school and into Clarkston, then turn around and go right back to campus. Driving requires gas. Gas requires money.

I drive no less than 40 miles per day. That's how long it is round trip to school and back. And it's not including the distance it takes to go run errands or get lunch (I mean typically that's less than 2 or so miles) or if I have running around to do near the house. Take 40 miles per day and multiply it by 5 days per week and you get 200 miles per week. Getting into the specifics, my gas tank only holds 13 or so gallons of gas. I only get 15 or so miles to the gallon. Do that math and you get around 200ish miles on a full tank. On a FULL TANK. I usually get about $20 every time I ask for gas money, which gets me [if I'm lucky] between 1/2 and 3/4 of a full tank. So at best, I can get maybe a little over 100 miles out of every fill up. That's two and a half days' worth of driving. Out of the five days that I have class, one tank of gas will get me two and a half of them.

So it's either get bitched at about asking for gas money so often or get bitched at about asking for lunch money to eat out.


I get that money is tight and everything right now, but cut me some fucking slack. There are some things in my life that I cannot help. Commuting is one of them. The price you pay for commuting comes in gas and the deletion of a meal plan [like that would even be a choice, the cheapest one they have is damn near $1000 per year.]


ugh.


9:33pm

Red won't pick up his phone and I'm starting to turn into the freak-out-girlfriend.
It's way past 9 and he's never out this late on a weeknight, let alone this late.

argghghghhghghghg.

9:37pm
Okay he called.

I'm such a nut.

No comments: