10:00 am
Supposedly, the temperature is getting up to 60 degrees this weekend. I can only cross my fingers...... I'm very much ready for summertime.
This morning I got on Facebook and saw a status from one of my mom's friends ('cause I'm FB friends with her high school friends and all... I'm just THAT cool....) and it said that another one of their friends had a heart attack. I was really upset by this because this particular friend is one of the sweetest and funniest guys ever. Plus, he was only 40 years old.
A few months ago, I met a whole slew of the people that my mom grew up skating with. At a bar. It was terribly fun because her drunk friends seem more fun that my drunk friends. That night, I met the guy who had the heart attack [his name is Mark] and it was soon obvious that he was the life of the party back then because he sure as hell was the life of the party that night.
So I was really upset to hear that news this morning.
Today after I got out of Physics, I had total intentions of going for my walk around campus... but when I got out to the Quad, aside from the bitter cold wind blowing, I realized that a lot more students were out and about than usual. Probably because it's getting close to midterms (jesus, already??) and they decided to actually go to class today. And, as usual, I didn't want to make my presence noticeable by aimlessly walking around campus, so I'm just skipping it today. I know I'll regret it. It's too damn cold anyway.
My stepsister's grandfather died a couple of days ago and the memorial service is tonight, so I have to go to that. I'll probably go to hell for saying this, but I don't want to miss El Tap tonight for a funeral for a man I never met and whose family I am not related to, neither by marriage nor by blood.
We'll see how it goes.
I have some homework that I should probably do. It's nothing completely overwhelming and I don't have any pressing matters to get done for any classes. There's a Physics test next Wednesday and I made a goal to study for it every single day for a week leading up to the test, so there's some stuff I could do for it. I read the lab handout for Chemistry last night so maybe this week we won't screw it up as bad.
So I'm thinking that I'm gonna take it easy today. Not completely slack off like it's the weekend, but definitely not stress about responsibilities that aren't due for a few days. So I brought my PSP to school today. Gonna work on beating Spyro. Again.
:D
***
10:24 pm
God, I'm exhausted.
And in a bad mood because my Core prof. emailed us and told us that our oral presentations will begin next week.
I mother-fucking hate public speaking.
ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment