February 10, 2010

It's Oglethorpe Day! Hooray!

10:18am
I need to get a move on on my chemistry lab. It's due at 1:45 and I haven't quite finished yet. I'm going to be kicked out of the library at 11:45 because it's Oglethorpe Day and on OU day, all the buildings and classes get randomly shut down/cancelled for about 3 hours. Except on a lab day, labs just get pushed back 15 minutes so instead of starting at 1:30, it's at 1:45. Awesome.

This particular OU day is special, because the school is celebrating it's 175th year.

At 11:45, they're going to ring the carillon bells 175 times, and then at noon there's the Petrels of Fire race. It's where some of the more in-shape and non-athletically challenged students run around the Quad and see if they can finish before the 12th toll of the bells on the noon chime. You wouldn't think that it would be that difficult because the Quad is roughly the size of a football field, maybe a little bigger, and I would guesstimate that there are about 2ish second between each chime, so at noon you have about 24ish seconds to run the Quad. Okay maybe that is a little bit ridiculous, but I've never seen it before so I don't know. I skipped OU day last year because I don't like standing alone, but I feel even more awkward with these people... I've never really become close friends with anyone here so it's just kind of weird. Idk. That makes no sense.

Then at 12:15, we're going to be, and I quote, "serenaded by a bagpiper, down to the performing arts center," to listen to Ted Turner talk about something. Idk if I can sit and listen to an old man talk for that long... I didn't know an old man COULD sit and talk that long. At 1:00, a "Georgia-themed" lunch is being hosted in the cafeteria, but I will probably skip that because I don't want to risk not having time to wait in line and then eat before I have to go to class.

****

12:37 pm

Well I had to skip Ted Turner. I mean I've seen the dude before at dinner last summer at the Atlanta Fish Market. He had a 20 year old hot piece of candy wrapped around his right arm and they were leaving, so it's not like I've never seen him before.

But instead, I'm stuck in the Goslin lounge writing my chemistry lab report. And this time, it's not because I procrastinated all morning. I got down to the last of the four [full, top to bottom] pages and realized that I was using the wrong mother-effing data. So I had to start all over. I decided to type it this time because when I get rushed and have to write shit, I mess up everything. So I got the title page done, all 5 lines of it, and then the librarian came up to me and told me that they were closing for OU day and I had to leave.... Fuck. So I went to the Quad, froze my ass off [[by the way, it's been snow flurrying alllll day] and watched the Petrels of Fire race while I awkwardly stood looking for people I knew. Then it was over (the guy was about 10 feet away from the end of the line when the last bell chimed :( ) and then I ventured down to the lounge and here I am now. The lab is done and I'm about to go print it off, as well as all my bio stuff for the MAJOR test I have tomorrow, and go get lunch somewhere and study a bit.

I need to start graphing my mood swings during the day. It started off pretty good, went to panic mode in a matter of about ten minutes, and now it's climbing back up to perky.

bipolar?

******

3:57 pm

Okay yeah, the mood has definitely been dampened now. We screwed up our Chem lab today. At least I'm pretty sure we did. My partner didn't seem to think so. But there's no way we could have gotten all the stuff done for it and be done before every other group. I kind of stalled around a bit afterwards to see if any other group would get done and one did so I breathed a little bit.

But I still don't think we did it right. I didn't feel like getting fussed at by the TA, even though he's a harmless little old man whose bark is worse than his bite.

So whatever.

I really am going to start tracking my moods throughout the day. I'm gonna get a little notebook and it's gonna be my mood notebook. Sorta like my food notebook... which reminds me that I need to write my lunch in it for today.

I just got done walking around campus for my daily walkaround.

I think I'm gonna go do my Chem lab report due next week and get it over with so I'm not stuck frantically trying to finish it an hour before it's due next Wednesday. And I can see if and how bad we messed up. Then it's studying for Bio until 11am tomorrow morning.

El Tap tonight! Woo!

****

10:19 pm

Oh my god Biology test in the morning. I think I may be going into pretest freakout stage, but I shouldn't be. I know this stuff. I've been reading and skimming over everything for nearly a week. I mean I haven't really been hitting at it as hard as I should have been for the past couple of days. But I know this stuff. I know it.

Ugh.

ps. I was totally right about the lab. I got a really, really bad number at the end.
Bad, as in, the number we were supposed to get was something around 0.3845 something. The number we got was -0.823.
Yup.

The week is not quite over. And once it is, I still have a Core test next Tuesday and a Physics test at some point next week. Physics homework is likely to be due this Friday. There'll be another set due sometime next week too. Then the week after that, I have a lab quiz and then a lecture quiz on back to back days for Bio.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.

No comments: