December 7, 2009

Well now that I have a follower...

I guess I'll have to give this blog thing a real shot. Might as well while I have a break to rest my brain from studying.

So. Today started off decent, for a Monday. Then I had to go take my physics extra-credit-test-retake-thingy. My professor, Dr. Rulison, told us to take the last test and the key and just look over and study that and the extra credit problems would be similar.

Except not.

To make a long story short, neither of the problems were anything like the ones I had studied the night before so I pretty much made up a bunch of stuff and walked out of the room with my tail between my legs and a dunce cap on my head.

It's approximately 20 miles from Oglethorpe to my house. I cried for about 19.8 of them. Mainly because I was so disappointed and frustrated with myself. I haven't been doing very well in physics anyway and I needed this extra push. Originally, we were to have three tests and a final, but Dr. Rulison's son got really sick right before Thanksgiving and has had him busy away from school... Busy, as in, two cancelled lectures and a cancelled third test. The whole situation is completely understandable, but I was banking on the third test to help weigh out my average, provided I did well on it.

So with two tests failed and a final to go, things are looking pretty dim right now. The only thing my grade has going for itself in that class is the homework average, which accounts for 40% of the final grade and is averaging at an A right now. Even with that and, at best, a high B/low A on the final, I would still come out of the class with a C, at best. Which is totally fine by me at this point... not so much for my parents but that will just have to be another big blowout argument that I can blog about later. :D

Anyway, so the day went on. I came home and went straight to my bedroom because I didn't want anybody to see my bloodshot eyes and streaky face because I knew questions would be raised and, frankly, I don't like talking to my parents about school. It always ends with me getting hysterical and it turning into a huge argument and I wasn't in the mood for a confrontation.

So, after four hours of biology, a power nap, a WW meeting (down 14.8lbs :), dinner, and two hours of Great Ideas, here we stand. The afternoon, surprisingly, has been a calm one... the calm before the storm.

The biology final is from 8-11 tomorrow morning. Great ideas trails right behind it from 11:15-2:15. I'm not terribly worried about Great Ideas, mainly because it's not a cumulative final and the stuff that will be on it tomorrow is easy. Dr. Nardo never deviates from the type of problems assigned and he's offering a 3% increase to the final grade, provided the student has perfect attendance... which I have. So all I'm hoping for is a B. Biology poses a slightly larger concern, primarily because it's my major and I kinda-sorta need to do well in that class. Dr. Schadler's methods of grading are a little bit different than most professors, but I don't know the exact range of values that constitute an A, B, and so on. Again, only hoping for a B.

(ps. at this point I'm just going to stop and say that this whole spilling my feelings and events of the day feels extremely weird. Just so you know MURPH.... )

Sooooo... it's getting late and I still need to go do some bio stuff... then waking up at the ass crack of dawn to tackle this mess... hum-de-dum.


> and as an addendum (and some serious alliteration skills): POLKY DOTS! :]]]]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I hope that you do well on your tests! I have four exams this week, so we'll see how we do. At least we won't have facebook to distract us!