So here goes. All of yesterday and a good portion of the wee hours of this morning were spent studying my ass off for the two finals I had today. And I have a good feeling that it will pay off.
The bio final was worth 200 points and consisted of 100 multiple choice questions, 20 or so short answers (which is really just taking the two terms given and doing a compare/contrast on them), and 4 essays. The multiple choices were easy for the most part, with less than a handful that were truly guesses. The short answers went well, seeing that I knew at least some relevant facts to ramble about so none were left blank... and partial credit is better than none at all. The essays, on the other hand.... Well, I'll just say that I'm happy they were only worth 40 of the 200 points. I stumbled on 3 of them and wound up leaving one completely blank, but I truthfully had no clue where to even begin that topic. The other 3 were, again, rambling about kinda-sorta relevant ideas that will hopefully pose some partial credit. So that's only 10 points that are guaranteed missing.
Great Ideas went alright too. Again, there were only a couple of instances where I had to guess. None were left blank, and the same hope applies here... partial credit is better than nothing.
So with two down and one to go, I'm preparing to walk into class tomorrow and take every stab and cut that this test is going to do to me. There's no point in beating around the bush anymore with this class. Although, up until Monday I did honestly think that I may have been able to pull a decent grade out of my ass but after the day's fiasco, it became a hopeless case. At this point there are no pep talks of you-can-do-it's and just-think-positively's that will change anything. There's a better chance of a snowball lasting in hell than there is in me passing this class... at least with the required C- or better. That being said, when grades come in and there is no C- or better under Physics, I won't have a meltdown and go off crying myself into hysterics. I'm prepared to gracefully accept my defeat.
This could be potentially problematic when it comes time for summer school. One of the [sarcastic] perks of attending a school of less than 800 students is the limited availability of classes, especially in summer. To make the story simple, next summer Organic Chemistry is offered M-Th at 8:00am and Physics is offered M-Th at 8:00am. Oglethorpe has a strict policy that does not allow summer classes to be taken at any other institution unless, for whatever reason, it is not offered here. If I do not get either of those classes done on time, I can take on another semester of graduation postponement. You do the math.
But we'll cross that bridge when we get there. :]
On a brighter note, I got $85 from the bookstore buyback and got offered a potential work-study job in the nurse's office for next semester.
It could be worse.
2 comments:
Well, I'm glad you did well on the two today. Just keep a clear head and you'll do well tomorrow. I also can't see the picture you posted at the end there shawty.
If I had a facebook, I would leave you a comment to go check it now.
But since I don't, I can't, so there. Hope it works... ps. if you can see it now, be sure to look at the particular logo on the kid's shirt.
Post a Comment