December 18, 2009

December 17, 2009

Even though it says Dec. 18.. whatever.

Anyways, so today was filled with more laziness than usual. I actually woke up earlier than I have the past couple of days (2:00 today... 3 or later the other days..) don't judge me. But the day seemed to drag on so much slower. It must be because it's the eve of the weekend. Or the eve of the day before we get grades (vomit.) Or that it's a week away from a real eve, that eve being Christmas Eve.

I have some serious, serious Christmas shopping to do this weekend. Probably not going to get started on it until Saturday though. Tomorrow, my bestie in massage school [the one that made me scream in pain last time] is supposed to practice on me and then we're gonna go for round two of attempting to see The Princess & the Frog. We tried last Friday, the night it premiered, but were beaten to the box office by a bunch of 8 year olds and it was sold out. So we went to dinner instead and tempers flared a bit because of something that got said and done but it's not important now and the rest of the night went uneventfully. So Friday night, Round 2!

I'm thinking about hooking up my old Xbox again. And by old, I mean the original Xbox from like 4 Christmases ago. I don't think I would ever have any luck trying to sell it to anybody so might as well try to get some fun out of it. And I need something else to do during the day besides sit on the YouTube for four hours or stare at my wall [which I actually did today..]

The room could still use a little cleaning but it's at the point where it's clean enough to be presentable for next week. On Christmas Eve, all of my brothers and sisters usually spend the night here and we pile in my room and play board games and stuff... Even though last year was pretty terrible. Last year, as usual, my sisters had been at each others' throats about god only knows what this time so one of them didn't want to spend the night because she was mad at the other one and the other one was playing the victim card and... it's all really complicated. At this point in the year, one of them was just a couple months into AA and was recovering while the rest of my siblings went and got tipsy at my brother's house and then came over to our house... really, it's complicated. Anyway, we all ended up spending the night but when we woke up the next morning we all ended up going and getting our own presents and stuff and putting them out in the living room instead of us coming downstairs and seeing what "Santa" had brought. It's just a depressing part of growing up, I guess... things never stay the same. I hate breaking tradition.

And I totally know that that last paragraph is a complete rant and I normally go proofread a few times before I post but I'm not going to tonight because I know it'll take forever and I'll end up changing everything.

My cousin is staying in the room next to mine and he just sneezed really loud. I didn't know you could hear through the walls so easily. I guess I know what I won't be able to do for the next couple of weeks.....

Anyway. I've recently been getting in touch with my inner nerd by playing this old online game called RuneScape. I was big into it in high school.. well it was an on/off relationship. I would go through spots of time where I would be really hardcore into it and playing it every night and leveling up and stuff and then I would lose interest for a while and then get back into it and so on. It's really a silly game, the kind you could imagine 40 year old virgins sitting at home in their parents' basement who have nothing but this game to live for. That's terrible and hurtful to say, but I know they're out there. The game in a nutshell is that you start off as a wimpy adventurer and you "level up" and increase your skills to go on to become this mega-super fighter and go fight all kinds of beasts and creatures that roam the wild. There are quests that you can do to earn skill points and coins [super awesome, wow!] For people like me, it's really just something to do... as well as get in touch with the nerd in you. It's pretty much my entertainment right now because I'm bored with Mario on the Wii and still have a few weeks left of Christmas break. So bite me.

:]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always knew you were a nerd. The game sounds a lot like World of Warcraft. And I'm about to sound like a total geek as I defend the game... Well, maybe I'll do that in another post so I can sound extra dorky.

But as far as Christmas traditions goes it does suck breaking them. We have a lot that we stopped doing, but hey, you get over it.

And what can't you do for the next couple of weeks? Sneeze? ;)

Unknown said...

Also, you can change the date and time of the post if you go in and edit it. You also might want to make sure you're account is set in the right time zone.