December 21, 2009

Warning: This may be epic in length

Cause I have a lot on my mind.

First of all, Happy Monday.

There's only four days left until Christmas but I have no excitement about it left at all. I found out today from the housekeeper that on Christmas Eve, it's definite that none of my brothers and sister are going to be spending the night at home this year. No bored games. No matching pajamas. No spirit. Instead, a friend of the family is going to be staying in one of the bedrooms and my step-ex-whatever aunt is staying in the other. Pretty sure both of them are over 50 and go to bed early. The only person I would imagine would potentially spend the night is my unmarried sister... But then again, I can't even depend on her at WW. She's skipped the last 3 weeks and I'm betting she won't be there tonight. And she's missed two of my weight loss celebrations. [At WW, there's a celebration for every 5 lbs. you lose... You get a gold star [[I know, exciting!]] to put on a bookmark and accumulate them on there. You also celebrate for losing 5% of your total weight and 10% of your total weight.] She missed my 5% and 15lb. mark.

Senior year, Ms. Derricks always had a saying that went something like, "There's nothing certain or dependable in life except death and taxes." I can't depend on traditions, I can't depend on people, I can't depend on myself.

Whatever.

So like I said before, the weekend was eventful. I guess. I mean I spent at lot of time around everyone but we just didn't really do much. Friday night, we were all supposed to go to Seve's condo thing in downtown Atlanta, but everyone backed out and it ended up just being me, Red, Jon, and Seve going. I drank my whole bottle of wine because Friday was the day that we got grades [which is another thing I have to rant about] and I just felt like taking out my anger and disappointment on my liver. We watched GI Joe and I have no idea what it was about and how it went. Then me and Red left around 1 and went back to his house. We stopped at McDonald's and then had to pull into a Toys 'R Us parking lot because we both had to pee and I must say, I've never had to pee outside like that before. Doing it tipsy made it even more fun. So we got home and that was Friday.

Saturday I woke up with full intentions to get all of my Christmas shopping knocked out. I picked up Tori and we went to Lenox mall and I seriously thought I was gonna slap somebody at some point. Every single rude shopper in Atlanta was there that day. So after 20 minutes of searching for a parking spot and about 45 minutes of walking a mile an hour behind all the slow mall walkers and being pushed and shoved, I wanted to leave and there wasn't really anything there that I wanted anyway. So we went to Northlake and I got Red his PJ bottoms that he wanted, and that's it. One reason I don't look forward to Christmas is because I hate shopping for people because I never know what to get them. Especially my family. I'll come back to that though. So we left Northlake and went to Michael's and I saw that all of their Christmas decorations and ornaments were on sale for very cheap. I got a few boxes of ornaments to put on the tree at Red's house because they had 1 ornament on there and, being a bachelor pad, I knew it wouldn't get decorated anyway. So that was their gift. I went to my grandmother's for dinner and it was... whatever. The side of the family [her sister and husband's family] can be difficult to get along with at times so it's never really a ride in the park to be around them. It was okay though. :] We all met at Roy's after that and were just hanging out. At one point, the ten of us went to Starship... nothing else to do. Later, we left to go to this "party" that turned out to be some high school kid who lived in his aunt's basement. There were probably more high schoolers down there, but David and I never made it past the door. When the middle-aged lady wearing the blue mu-mu answered the door, we kind of knew that it was not our cuppa tea, even though the rest of them went downstairs. So David and I dipped and went to his house and I got to play with his puppy AND eat homemade sweet and sour chicken.... I think I had the most fun that night. They called, finally realizing how lame it was, and we met them to go to some other supposed party but when we got there it was a bust too so we finally just called it quits and headed home. And that was Saturday.

Oh! Except when we got home, I made Red go downstairs and I got all the ornaments I bought and put them all over the tree. Turns out, they didn't even realize it had been decorated until the next night. But whatever, I did some good.

Sunday, we woke up and met Jon and Seve at Gwinnett Place Mall because Seve had to find some lingerie Santa suit and.. there was nothing else to do anyway. I got a present for my mom and the other half of Red's present (while he was there... hah!). Then we went to Discover Mills and were just kind of putzing around. Bass Pro Shops is always fun. :] Didn't see anything else there that I could get for anyone. We left and went back to Red's house because we were all supposed to play poker but a few people didn't show up and I was too tired to have any energy to play anyway. So we just sat around watching TV and that was Sunday.

And so now my sister just texted me and asked me to go to the 5pm WW meeting, which is in 20 minutes. I guess I have to go change out of my pjs now..... damn.

More later.

No comments: