April 19, 2010

Work, work all week long

9:58am

The first bite has been taken in the full course meal of the week.

That was a terrible analogy, but it's early, it's Monday, and I need some more caffeine.

Last night I started turning into a ball of nerves. It's silly, really, but that's how I get when I have big tasks and projects staring me in the face. The nerves go away once I take the full dive into the tasks and stuff... like last night, I had finished doing some physics re-test practice stuff and then I just started thinking about all the crap that's going on this week and it started worrying me. Which is retarded because I've looked at my schedule as a whole and I know what's coming and how to do everything... or at least most of everything. And it's nothing that I can't handle. But for whatever reason, I still get really nervous that I'm not gonna get everything done and [oh god here comes the librarian, staring at me and I have a bottle of water up here and we're not supposed to have food and drinks, okay he's gone] and that maybe I'm gonna lose all the confidence and stamina that I have built up to tackle everything. Then again, once I started on the Physics project everything started flowing smoothly and I actually got re-excited about it. I got about 1/3 of the stuff printed out and glued on some background paper. When I put it up against the board to see how everything would fit... I almost had too much information. It barely fits and it's gonna overlap into the middle section a little bit, but eet's okaaay.

Then I have the Physics re-test today. I mean.... with the last test plus the re-test I came out with a 90 overall. This time, I got a 30-something on the test and can hope for (at best) a 50 with the re-test. I have no excuse to not do well in this class. We get cheat sheets to use on the tests. I did well on the last test, so there's no reason I shouldn't do well on this one.

Also today, the Biology lab presentation. It almost turned into a very sour day earlier this morning. I was downstairs thinking about the day and realized that I had left my Bio binder upstairs with all my notes and crap in it.... so, potential disaster day avoided once again :] The presentation itself shouldn't be that bad. It's a group thing so I won't be the only one up there talking and I'm going first so all three minutes of my speech will be over first.

The Physics test is at 11:00, so I need to go do some last minute studying.

***
12:38pm

blah. Stupid Physics. Whatever, dude. I've got it pulled together now, for the last two weeks that matter. The final will be my bitch.

Biology Lab presentation in t-minus 50 minutes. It should be good. It's going to be good. My slides to present are easy to talk about and I'm going first. It'll be great.

God, if I'm getting this nervous about doing one measly group presentation, how the fuck am I gonna fare in the Fall with Bio Seminar, aka, oral presentations every week about Biology stuff?

Jeeze. At least Monday is almost over. A couple more hours and I'm home free for the day. After I leave here I'm gonna go get lunch and then go home. I should probably go walk around Stone Mountain for a little while too. Then I'm gonna do my Chemistry lab and get it out of the way, then probably study some for the Chem lab final on Wednesday. I need to beast that one too. I didn't do terrible on the midterm, it was a C+, but I'm going for nothing below a B this semester. After that I'll work on the project some more and hopefully can finish it tonight.

Lots of caffeine is in my future, I can tell.

***
8:19pm

Presentation went alright. I started off good and then about halfway through my part, I started burning red in the face and I would bet a million bucks that I was broken out in hives all over my neck and chest.

dammit.

but it went well. Afterwards, me and a couple of kids in my class ventured down into the dungeons of the library to work on Chemistry lab stuff and ended up not doing Chemistry lab stuff, but watching videos of Senator Robert Byrd (youtube him, he's hilariously barbaric!!) and then watching the last 15 minutes of Anchorman.

But overall, it was a swell day. Tomorrow should be a relatively calm day. Class in the morning and the LAST PHYSICS LAB EVER. Today I had to postpone lunch until about 4:00, which sucked ass. I was very light headed while listening to presentations, but I didn't have time to go get anything at noon. Tomorrow should be better though... I have a real lunch hour before lab, then I have to meet steve and livia after lab to work on ANOTHER lab. Woo hoo science majors.

Anyway, so the plan for tonight is to try and get the poster board done so I won't have to worry about it. Or at least get it 80% done. Tomorrow is going to pretty much be dedicated to studying for the Chem lab final on Wednesday. At some point I'm gonna have to do my Core shit too. Blegh.

25% through the week from hell (because I'm counting only through Thursday...)

:]

No comments: