12:12am
It's been a while since I've been up past midnight on a school night. I've been busting it trying to study for this roots and prefixes test thing tomorrow. I just finished about an hour ago... and I haven't even started on all the other work I should do for tomorrow. But there's always time to procrastinate with on the blog, right? :) There's a crap-ton in Herodotus that I need to read and I know it will take forever, but I'm gonna try to bust some ass and get it done.
Lots of stresses are already starting to crop up this semester. Genetics lab, is one of them. My partner and I have been collaborating on how we will be able to get all of the extra-hours work done. She sent me an email and said that since she was a commuter, she'd prefer to get work done during the hours she's already committed to being on campus.... That's all fine and dandy except YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO COMMUTES AND DOESN'T WANT TO STAY ON CAMPUS LONGER THAN YOU HAVE TO. Of course her hours don't match with my hours of being on campus. We have totally opposite schedules. I have all classes on MWF, and she has all classes on T/TH. So this should be interesting. Another stress comes from working with the other Genetics group, only this is for lecture. One guy in my group lives on campus. The other rides MARTA to school. I have a feeling that this can get conflict-y too. Tomorrow in lecture, we'll be getting assigned a mini-project, which is writing a poem about DNA being the heritable genetic material.
MIKE MURPHY, THE ENGLISH MAJOR, I COULD USE YOUR HELP NOW. I gotta write a poem, STAT!
:)
It shouldn't be too difficult to do. I mean it's a freakin' poem about DNA. And it doesn't have to be complicated. I'm thinking a wham-bam limerick and the job will be done. I might try to get some ideas flowing during my break tomorrow so we can get it knocked out. Buuuuuuuuut the only thing I'm dreading about this is having to decide when to get together to work on it (because of travel and schedule conflicts, again). That and because on the first group project (picking a team name and writing a contract) every idea I had got shut down and we went with the other guys' ideas. Which is fine, I suppose, I guess my ideas just weren't good enough. We'll just have to wait and seeeeeeee what happens.
Bleghhhh so tomorrow:
Core
Genetics
Anatomy exam/long quiz
Checking on our fruit flies to see if they've reproduced yet. If so, transfer them to a new colony.
Quick lunch (brown bag, ftw)/ prepare for lab
Anatomy lab. Dissecting a dogfish shark, awesome. Not. Worried about not getting a good partner.
If we get out of lab at a decent hour, I'll spend the rest of the afternoon at the Tucker library. It's hella nice and it keeps me from having to drive all the way home for a little while, then all the way back for El Tap. I promised Roy I would come hang out for a little bit tomorrow since I haven't been around since his birthday party... which ended in tears for me. Long story short, Red and I fussed and I got upset. But whatevs.
And yes, I am still immature enough to actually get stressed out about whether or not I will have someone I know for a lab partner. There are some people in that class I'd just rather like to not be around.
Actually, if I smell like a fish pond, I gotta come home to shower anyway.
By the way, I realize how ranty and bitchy and sometimes downright silly these blogs get. But really, it's good for me to be able to get everything out at once. By typing out my feelings and thoughts, it does two things: I can get all (or at least most) of the things out of my head fast enough to where I won't leave anything out. Writing takes too long and I'll likely forget what I'm gonna say. And also, it lets me have an outlet for when I do get stressed out and just need to say what's on my mind. Once I really got into the habit of writing and ranting everyday last year, it became almost second nature. When I had breaks between classes, I would go to the library and sit in one of the private rooms and type. And it's like I looked forward to being able to go do that. It's not that I would be going about my day and something would happen and I would be like, "HOMGZ I cannot WAIT to write about you in my blog later!!!" It's not that intense and obsessive. But I definitely looked forward to being able to do daily updates, as well as mini-updates throughout a day. It's like getting together with a friend to have coffee and chat... only you get to do all the talking and they don't interrupt you or talk back. They don't even really have to listen or care. But it's definitely relieving to be able to get everything out.
Otherwise, if I held everything inside I'd probably explode and/or be more of a bitch than I already am.
So with that, I will leave the post. Will probably have an update later on today..... it IS after midnight, after all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment