September 7, 2010

Just feeling kind of... blah

11:27 pm

I think I'm just stressed out right now. I don't really actually FEEL the stress right now, but I have a hunch that it's what's wrong with me. I feel blah right now. There's a lot that is already on my plate and only more is going to be added in the next week.

I have a wildly high expectation of myself in that I will try to get all of the Core readings of Herodotus done tonight before bed. Also, I have two chapters of a book for anatomy I need to read for a quiz tomorrow (but if anything, I can run through those during lunch tomorrow... it'll just be a tight squeeze) I got caught up with a pretty large chunk of work today. Went to the Tucker library and stayed for a good four hours and did mostly Genetics. Finished all the reading and typing up of some summary notes. It's always nice to have stuff from the book typed up... I put it in my dropbox and it syncs to my phone automatically, so I have stuff that I can study on my phone if I'm on the go somewhere. I got through some of the text reading for anatomy (actually I'm pretty much caught up in it) I had a throbbing headache so when 6:00 rolled around I packed up and went back home. All in all, I think it was a successful day for studying.

Next week is when it's gonna start piling on and the real stress is gonna come out. There's a Core paper due next Friday, the 17th, which I am absolutely terrified about. I have no idea what topic to pick to write about. Dr. Holmes has hinted at a few in class but none of them have really caught my attention as being potentially interesting. I'm hoping something will strike me tomorrow or Friday. In the next week, I also have to go find an article to read and write up a speech about for Bio Seminar... my short talk will be on Monday the 20th.

The more time I spend at school and studying, the better of a housewife I think I would make.

Right now, Saturday is the only thing I really have to look forward to pulling me through this week. And the events of Saturday are a big 'if.' Last Saturday, my dinner date with the boy fell through so I wound up getting Chinese takeout and a bottle of wine and watching The Hangover while seething in my pissiness. This Saturday is the very last Tucker Cruise-In of the year and I was told that IF the Maserati is running and everything seems fine, I will be able to ride to the show in the car with him. I just hope nothing falls through because I really have my heart set on going with him and I know that plans can sometimes fall apart... I just have to keep my head up and hope for the best.


And I'm ready for winter. With winter comes hot white chocolate from starbucks and cuddling under a blanket.

And of course weather that's below 80 degrees. Yuck.

No comments: