4:20 pm
And it's not because at Mexican last night.
Actually I didn't eat Mexican, but I was just trying to make a point. :)
I am absolutely, positively D.R.E.A.D.I.N.G next Monday. I have to do my short talk for Bio Seminar. Short being 15-20 minutes. Doesn't seem so short to me... I have two potential articles picked out that I can talk about. I honestly didn't have any idea what topic I wanted to do so after a near-breakdown last night, I spent some time browsing through online journals to try and find some topic of interest. I finally found something about alcohol consumption in college students, so I used that in my search on Galileo. Now I just need to go see the Dragon Lady and make sure the topic is appropriate. And then write a 15-20 minute speech. And then vomit some.
Good news, though, my Core paper is DONEZO. I cranked it out Tuesday, had it revised Wednesday and completely finished it with all the corrections made at about 4:30 this morning. Much to my surprise, the guy in the writing center said that it was a very good paper and had a strong critical analysis. So woo for me. I just hope the Nazi Lady likes it.
From now on, Dr. Holmes is the Nazi Lady and Dr. Schmeichel is the Dragon Lady. It's appropriate.
Last night I went to bed at 8 and woke up at 1. I tried going back to sleep but couldn't, so I worked on my paper and finished my 5 minute precis speech for the Nazi Lady's class tomorrow (another eek, but it's only 5 minutes. That pales in comparison to the BioSem one) Got to sleep around 6 and slept until noon. I'm pretty sure my body is in some sort of shock mode right now. I usually alternate nights that I get sleep... LIke one night will be three hours and the next will be 10 and back and forth. Maybe if I keep it up I'll have a real breakdown by Monday and won't have to give my speech! :) Kidding.
Kind of.
So anyway. I'm on campus today because I have to go to an extracurricular movie at 7 for the Dragon Lady's class. It's the Michael Moore movie, Sicko. I've seen it before and enjoyed it so it shouldn't be too terrible. I just hate being here on my off days. I came here early so I could print off the articles and make the final-final revisions and email it to the Nazi Lady. I really need to read for Anatomy & Genetics. Two and a half hours to kill.
I hope I get to see the boy tonight. I felt awful that I was too tired to do anything last night. Maybe tonight..... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment