September 9, 2010

Disappointed

2:37pm

So Dr. Schmeichel gave us a feedback on our poems. Apparently mine just sucked all around and accounts for most of the reason we only got an 85 on it.

She said, and I quote, "It stayed very close to what we had covered in class and was not as original as I had hoped."

This is why I don't do creative writing and stuff like that because I don't handle criticism well, especially when I feel that I did above and beyond what was asked. I was genuinely proud of the poem that I wrote. She's all about doing cheesy, hokey things in class and I think I pretty much covered that. I mean it's a fucking limerick for fuck's sake. And she knows that the shit that she does is silly. She's said it... many times. If I had a nickel for every time in class she said, "I know this is silly and hokey but..."

This is just like last year when we had the Physics poster board project and I BUSTED my ass to get it together since my partner didn't do anything. It looked fucking amazing. And Dr. Cramer did nothing but chew it up and spit it back out and stomp all over it.

So far in this class with the group work, everything I've suggested has gotten shot down. The team names and I suggested were rejected by my group. And now my poem isn't good enough.

Whatever. Little girls cry, big girls say fuck it.

I'm just very upset about it. From all the stories I'd heard about Dr. Schmeichel and the class itself, I knew that it was going to be a miserable ride. I went into it with my head held high thinking that maaaaaaybe it would be different for me. Maybe we'll get along great. Maybe I'll enjoy doing all the stupid little poems and skits and bullshit.

But so far it is not going that way.

No comments: