October 18, 2010

Chest is loosened, but only slightly.

2:16 am

Phew. Genetics lab report has been cranked out and finished. And I must say, I feel like I did a pretty damn good job. Hell I feel almost as good as I did when I wrote my first paper for the Nazi lady... then I got it back and got a D on it so. y'know. Shit happens. This is only a first draft of it though. We get to do a resubmission if there's anything wrong with it.

That was only one of a MOUNTAIN of stresses I have on my mind right now. The biggest one, for sure, is my long speech coming up in just two short weeks. The next one, which should be my biggest stress right now, is the looming Genetics test on Wednesday, followed soon after by the next paper due for the Nazi lady on Friday.

But, now is not the time to talk about that because I am kind of short on time and am too tired to give an in-depth bitching about everything that's going wrong in my life right now... it's rather late and I'm due to wake up in just a couple of hours. So much for trying to get back into a routine of sleeping normal hours.

However, I am trying to have a new attitude in dealing with all the daily calamities so starting now, I will begin a list of things that I use, or have used in the past, to de-stress with:

1. the absolute best de-stressor right now is Joel. He is beginning to move into my heart and take on a large part of my life. When I'm with him, nothing in the world matters.

2. naughty time with Joel. ;) Seriously though, I was talking to Tori's mom the other day and she said that consistently having intimate sexy time is not only a way of connecting with someone on a different level, but is a way to alleviate stress. Physical contact in a close proximity is one of the most comforting things you can provide for your body. Plus, he's rather enjoyable. ;)

3. my Andrew Johnson apps on my phone. They're all geared toward helping cope with stress, and I listen to them often. I actually have one now that's supposed to help with the fear of public speaking, but I haven't been able to sit and really listen to it yet. Plan on doing that every day until my speech starting tomorrow.

4. showers and putting on lotion afterwards. I'm definitely the type of person who heavily relies on a touching sense. Kissing me on my neck is one of the biggest turn ons for me, followed closely by gently grabbing my face and caressing my neck. So hot showers definitely have an affect. Plus I try to take some extra time to rub my feet when I'm putting on lotion when I get done.

5. this blog. Even though I haven't written in a while, it's almost like having a shrink who doesn't talk back. And I can cuss as much as I want. damnshitfuckingcunt. But really, it's nice to have an outlet to vent.

6. napping. This one can get me in trouble, though, seeing as I tend to over-nap. If I lay down to power-nap, it's game over. Rarely have I ever successfully taken a nap in under an hour... try 2-3 hours.

And there are more, but I will add to the list as I go. It's late (damn, 2:30 already... ugh.) and I have to get up early to get to school early so... I gotta run.

:D

No comments: