August 29, 2010

Still Fidgety...

9:37pm

So the first two days of school have come and gone and I'm already in need of some motivation. I got loaded down with homework on the first day and am already starting to fall behind. And that's not good... Tuesdays and Thursdays are supposed to be my crunch-down-and-do-work-son days but last Thursday, I didn't do annnnyyyyttthhiiinnnggg. That morning I had a doctor's appt, then I came home to eat because I was starving (couldn't eat because I had to get bloodwork done and crap) So I ate brunch and then went to the club around noon to help my mom and aunt with their new phones. And I did not leave until 5. Five hours wasted. By the time I got home, I was tired, irritable, and had a headache so I wasn't in much of a mood to do a lot of reading. However I did read for core, but it's damn intense reading, so I was up late finishing it. I didn't even start on reading for Genetics and Anatomy. Anyway, long story short I have a ton of work to do tonight and am hoping to get it cranked out.

Friday was not such a good day, though. Wednesday was pretty awesome. The core professor isn't realllllllllly as scary as I first thought she would be. It's gonna be an intense class though. THAT much does scare me. When I first walked into the room, the desks were rearranged into a big circle and I got stuck sitting toward the front of the class.. which sucks, but whatever. I don't really know many people in there and the one person who I knew would be there came in late and got a seat on the other side of the room so I can't even sit by her. Whatevs. Genetics was okay. I got excited when I first walked in because I saw a bunch of people I had classes with last year and I got a really good seat in the middle and right inbetween two of my very good friends (and brothers from PhiDE). Love them! And then Anatomy came along. When we walked in, Dr. Baube told us that there was another book that we needed to get and also there would be a quiz on it in lab over the first chaper. Lab being in an hour. So that wasn't fun. I know a lot of people in that class too and I luckily paired up with a girl (also another brother) for the lab that afternoon. I feel like I jumped in with an awful bout of enthusiasm but I didn't want to get stuck with someone I DIDN'T know. So anyway, I got the book only to turn around and have the quiz cancelled. It was a long lab, we didn't leave until 4:30. We dissected a lamprey, which is kind of a weird looking eel with a big, round mouth and sharp teeth. This week we get to do dogfish sharks. Oh boy, I can't wait to leave smelling like a fish pond....... Anyway, back to Friday. All through core, I felt completely lost in the discussion, even though I had actually done the readings. We got let out of class about five minutes late so when I walked into Genetics my seat had gotten jacked by some other people so I ended up sitting in the back off to the corner by myself... I mean it was pretty much the only seat left anyway. Then we got assigned partners for our in-class work for the semester. One of them I didn't know personally, but I do know he's in SAE and buddy boy, I am not much of a fan of them. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I've been judged by my cover enough times in my life that I think I've earned the right to be able to.... that and the reputations that I hear about them are enough too. The other guy I got paired up with it also a brother, took Organic Chem with me this summer, and did not mother effing remember who I was!! I know it's not really that big a deal and all, but my feelings were a little bit hurt.... Then anatomy came along and I was kind of lethargic through the whole class, mainly because I was just really tired but I was also bummed out from the first two classes.

Anywhosiers. Tomorrow is going to be a looooooong day. I have class from 9-5:45, with only a few breaks. My lunch hour will be consumed with a meeting of the majors and right after that, I have to go meet with the Genetics prof/advisor and talk about some stuff. Part of it is about class because we have to meet with her and chat, but part of it is for personal reasons. I'm going to discuss my future as a brother in PhiDE because she's one of the faculty advisors for us. Last year was not all that much fun and the fraternity was not what I was expecting and hoping it to be.... also the fact that I'm not pre-med anymore gives reason to forfeit membership since it's a fraternity strictly for pre-med and medical students.....

After the meeting is Genetics lab, which is going to be a long one too since it's the first lab meeting of the year and there's always a lot of business to attend to. Right after lab I have Bio Seminar, which is a speaking class that deals with nothing but biological topics. And thinking about that class makes me want to vomit. I hate speaking, I hate being stared at, I hate standing in front of people.... blah. At least it's only once a week.

So. Long day ahead tomorrow.

I really think I would feel better if I could have a hug or a cuddle with a certain somebody but a certain somebody has not texted me back in two and a half hours. So until he does, I will sit here and fidget. And maybe read Herodotus.

No comments: